Inspired by Your Browsing History. Related Articles. Looking for More Great Reads?
- The Heirs of Archimedes: Science and the Art of War through the Age of Enlightenment (Dibner Institute Studies in the History of Science and Technology).
- Motherhood, Religion, and Society in Medieval Europe, 400-1400: Essays Presented to Henrietta Leyser.
- A GREATER INFINITY.
- Abridged Edition.
- Plotinus : An Introduction to the Enneads.
Download Hi Res. LitFlash The eBooks you want at the lowest prices. He was already 30 years of age and highly educated in literature and philosophy when he became a member of Plotinus' circle in Rome in His devotion to Plotinus, then and after, did not exclude his having his own interests.
These interests shape his biography and edition of Plotinus, defining how we should read the life and writings of his master. We would do well then to take account of the point of view of our guide as he gives us access to the exceptional person and philosopher whom he felt so privileged to know.
One of Porphyry's aims in writing the Life of Plotinus is to show that he had been entrusted by the master with the task of editing his works Life , chs. Other pupils had prepared editions of various sorts, Amelius volumes of notes! But Porphyry wishes to impose his edition as the 'authorized' version.
He also sees himself as the focus around which revolved the actual. An unknown error has occurred.
Please click the button below to reload the page. If the problem persists, please try again in a little while. The book includes a guide to further reading, arranged by themes, and a bibliography.
- Parmenides Publishing: Plotinus.
- The Enneads of Plotinus Series—Parmenides Publishing.
- The Journey from the Center to the Page;
- Nonlinear waves.
- ISBN 13: 9780198751212.
- Reading Plotinus: A Practical Introduction to Neoplatonism!
Dominic J. Forgot password? Don't have an account?
Plotinus: An Introduction to the Enneads
All Rights Reserved. OSO version 0. University Press Scholarship Online. Sign in.
Related Plotinus: An Introduction to the Enneads
Copyright 2019 - All Right Reserved