Skip to main content Skip to table of contents.
Advertisement Hide. Front Matter Pages i-xii.
Pages Moral Luck. Morality, Moral Luck and Responsibility is a critical examination of our understanding of morality and responsibility through the questions raised by the problem of moral luck. The book considers two different approaches to moral luck, the Aristotelian vulnerability to factors outside the agent's control and the Kantian ambition to make morality immune to luck, and concludes that both approaches have more in common than previously thought.
At the same time, it also considers recent developments in the field of virtue ethics and neo-kantianism. This book will appeal to anyone with an interest in normative theories and the fundamental questions surrounding moral responsibility and the attribution of praise and blame.
Her research interests include the problem of moral luck, virtue ethics, Aristotle and Kant. She has published in the Proceedings of the Aristotelian Society , Res Publica and is Editor of a forthcoming volume on medical ethics.
Nafsika Athanassoulis, Morality, Moral Luck, and Responsibility: Fortune's Web - PhilPapers
Book Authors Journal Authors. Philosophical Books Volume 48, Issue 1.
Morality, moral luck and responsibility : fortune’s web / N. Athanassoulis
Christine Mckinnon trent university Search for more papers by this author. Read the full text.
- Un Contributions to Development Thinking and Practice (United Nations Intellectual History Project Series)?
- Luck | Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy.
- The KAM Story: A Friendly Introduction to the Content, History, and Significance of Classical Kolmogorov-Arnold-Moser Theory?
- Nafsika Athanassoulis, Morality, Moral Luck, and Responsibility: Fortune's Web - PhilPapers.
- Bibliographic Information.
- The Bread Exchange: Tales and Recipes from My Journey of Baking and Bartering.
- The Shadow of the Past: Reputation and Military Alliances Before the First World War.
Tools Request permission Export citation Add to favorites Track citation. Share Give access Share full text access.
Share full text access. Please review our Terms and Conditions of Use and check box below to share full-text version of article.
Volume 48 , Issue 1 January Pages Related Information.
Related Morality, Moral Luck and Responsibility: Fortunes Web
Copyright 2019 - All Right Reserved